Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loud Music?!?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jpz109
AFC
AFC
jpz109

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Ugh!! Yesterday I went to a dance club and I started talking to this girl sitting down. The music was so loud she could barely hear me though... constantly asked me to repeat myself and I was almost yelling.. it was very uncomfortable for the both of us, anyone have any advice?
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:40 am

Change venue?

take her outside...?
Back to top Go down
jpz109
AFC
AFC
jpz109

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:20 pm

Na, doesn't fit the situation, she's in a salsa class im taking Razz
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:36 pm

OK, as far as this question applying to clubs . . . this question pops up ALL the time, and it's a simple solution, seriously. You get her to lean into you so your mouth is by her ear. Period.

But since you're in a class with her . . . and I'm guessing you're both either paying for the class or in some way the class is something you don't want to skip out on . . . ummm, what kind of advice can we give? If you want to stick in the class, either find a quiet spot, or learn how to get her to lean in. And learn how to project your voice a bit more.

Or, number close her for a get together outside of class.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
jpz109
AFC
AFC
jpz109

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:14 am

how do i get her to lean in? tell her to do so with a gesture?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:36 am

Sure, the come hither finger gesture works well for this. Or motion with your head.
Back to top Go down
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 am

jpz109 wrote:
how do i get her to lean in? tell her to do so with a gesture?

I like the bending your ear forward with a finger and turning your head slightly gesture, it works pretty much 100% of the time for me, the puzzled expression is useful if she doesn't comply right away.

Also, work on speaking from your diaphram, not your throat, because it will deepen your voice and make it carry a lot better, so you will be heard over the music much easier, as well as your throat not ending up hurting from yelling all night.
Back to top Go down
jpz109
AFC
AFC
jpz109

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:27 pm

Edit: I just googled it, found this: http://www.cchs.net/health/health-info/docs/2400/2409.asp?index=9445 i'll start practicing this, seems interesting. If I breathe with my diaphragm i'll naturally talk with it right?
Back to top Go down
jpz109
AFC
AFC
jpz109

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:06 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
OK, as far as this question applying to clubs . . . this question pops up ALL the time, and it's a simple solution, seriously. You get her to lean into you so your mouth is by her ear. Period.

But since you're in a class with her . . . and I'm guessing you're both either paying for the class or in some way the class is something you don't want to skip out on . . . ummm, what kind of advice can we give? If you want to stick in the class, either find a quiet spot, or learn how to get her to lean in. And learn how to project your voice a bit more.

Tripp, one problem I've noticed is when I tell them to come closer so that their ear is by my mouth, it's a bit awkward though, because all they do is hear my voice, they don't see facial expression and etc. as I'm saying it
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:56 am

jpz109 wrote:
L.A. Tripp wrote:

Tripp, one problem I've noticed is when I tell them to come closer so that their ear is by my mouth, it's a bit awkward though, because all they do is hear my voice, they don't see facial expression and etc. as I'm saying it

Of course. So don't rely on facial expressions IN THAT MOMENT. Get your point across in that moment with your words. Get her to laugh, get her to playful punch you, whatever the point is of what you are saying. Get her to isolate with you somewhere else. Whatever you're doing with her right then. You'll be able to use your facial expressions later in conversation with her. Girls aren't going to be looking at your facial expressions for every word that you say. If they did, they would be staring at you all the time. They won't do that. So, in this instance, don't worry about the facial expressions. However, the advantage that you should focus on is the fact of how CLOSE she is to you in that very moment. You are right by her ear. You could easily drop a small kiss on her ear, neck, cheek, growl in her ear, whatever. Don't be AFC about how you do it, just realize the advantage that you have right then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loud Music?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Music?!?!   Loud Music?!?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loud Music?!?!
Page 1 of 1