Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show Empty
PostSubject: The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show   The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 pm

A lot of us like to complain about the show and how it's affecting the community. We've talked about on several posts how the community is going to have to change in light of the all the methods discussed on the show. Not to mention due to the popularity of Season 1 they are going to be doing Season 2 here. They haven't announced when it will air. Some say as soon as next month and others say later on. Rumors are also floating around the next place they are doing the show in is Arizona and others say it's Washington, D.C.

The reason I say the show has some genius to it is that Mystery has done something very intelligent for himself. Not only has he publicly brought himself into the spotlight of A & B list celebrities with the reality show, but he has now brought in a lot of new people into the scene. They have seen him on TV and feel a connection with him. Not to mention he hand picked students that would identify with his target audience for his products. Guys in their 20s who struggle with women to a guy in his 50s who was a virgin for the first show.

Mystery is well known in our community and so are his successes and failures. There is a lot of new blood in the community and a lot of people see Mystery as the Master Pickup Artist not the guy he was when he started out struggling just like us. He failed for almost 10 years perfecting his system. He went out week after week taking busses into downtown and not ever approaching. He failed just like us! Because of his status in the community a lot of people forget this quickly. So what does he do... He decides he needs a way for this new life in the community to identify with him. So he takes guys like Kosmo and Joe Doyle who are your typical AFCs and eventually turns them into his instructors.

This is a very smart move on his part. He brings in a quote "Honest Broker." Someone that no one in the community knows. He takes them from AFC to Advanced inside a few episodes, then finally crowns him a mPUA and makes him an instructor on his staff. He has insured his future. People will remember AFC Kosmo and Joe Doyle and will be able to identify with how they were.

Finally it seems Mystery is making better business decisions.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show   The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:25 pm

Great points. I can't wait to see the second season. You have to wonder if he's gonna basically cover publicly the same things as the first season, or if he's gonna air different tips and insights this season. Either way doesn't matter for us, but I'm really curious to see.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show   The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:36 pm

L.A. Tripp wrote:
Great points. I can't wait to see the second season. You have to wonder if he's gonna basically cover publicly the same things as the first season, or if he's gonna air different tips and insights this season. Either way doesn't matter for us, but I'm really curious to see.

I'm sure he'll be pushing his new book "Revelation" and that series. I mean I would be if I was him!
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show   The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:40 pm

This show is the one reason why I had to become apart of this community. I had never heard of the iconic book,"The Game." I just thought that Mystery looked cool as @*#$ to me, the top hat, the diamond stud in the lower lip, the whole outer frame. To think of it, it may have been a man crush,hahahaha. I don't know,but then the whole knowledge that he was dishing out to these guys became apart of my psyche. The terminology, like IOIs, Negs, pivots, etc. It really started to intrigue the hell of out me and watched the show from episode 2 all the way to the finale. What Mystery, Matador and J-dog did on season 1 was help guys become better human beings first, and second help them attract women to their world. That in itself is what I have admired about this community from day 1, the hard work other guys put into you, so you can see success on your face when you look into the mirror, that in itself carries a hefty price. Peace,lvoe and succe SS

I actually managed to see it from the first episode myself. I thought damn this is cool and it quickly became my favorite show, that I couldn't miss on the weekends. I know what you mean!

Last edited by Fortunehooks1 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show   The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm guessing the show will have an even bigger effect this time around too.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Whoopie
PUA
PUA
Whoopie

Male Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show   The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:09 am

Yeahhh to bad I won't be home to see it. I guess I will have to catch the espiodes off of Youtube or something.

But its all Good while he is creating more PUAs we will slowly make naturals!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/usmc03token
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show   The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:26 am

I see genius in it in various ways, some of which were already mentioned, but one that guys don't talk about much and that I really love the show for, is that it has created more diversity.

Like you said J, guys complain about how public PUA has become since the show, but now that it's so public, guys are coming up with new material of their own, instead of just using material that the big names make, as well as more natural game being a big focus of our generation and more focus on self improvement, instead of just picking up the women. There's also so many more guys, that there are more small mPUA businesses starting up and that creates competition, which hopefully leads to reduced prices, improved quality of teaching and diversity of what you can learn and who and where from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show   The Genius of the VH1 Pickup Artist Show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1