Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seeing vs. Believing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Seeing vs. Believing Empty
PostSubject: Seeing vs. Believing   Seeing vs. Believing I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:55 pm

Seeing vs. Believing

I was having a conversation with a friend in the scene last night who has been on the forums a while but is just now starting to impliment these things into his game. He told me after recently attending a workshop that members from this forum put on he got to see this stuff working, and it really helped him. He knew it could be done and that all the stuff in the videos and books wasn't just some big sales gimic. Now he is starting to go out and get better, and plans to visit me this summer so I can instruct him for a weekend.

I remember having the same thoughts when I first started of thinking that this could all be fake, and I could be wasting my hard earned money for some gimic that wasn't ever going to work. I was lucky enough that when I joined a forum back in October that there was a guy in my area. We sat around one Saturday talking about the logistics of this stuff with our books and print outs at a Panera Bread. After talking for some time we convinced ourselves to go out that night and just approach and eject to get it out of the way. As I told him, I never had the luxury of seeing someone else perform the "High Dive Act" of jumping into a glass of water. Laughing I had to just believe in myself and the fact that it would work. When it started working I was in disbelief like wait this isn't suppose to happen. Shortly after that guy fell out of the scene and I was on my own.

He commented that watching experienced PUAs work is like watching some comic book character use his superpower. To which I replied that now after some 75 written field reports and several that aren't there are still some days and I wake up and it feels like I went from Peter Parker to Spiderman! I wake up thinking, "Holy Shit, Did I really do that last night?!?"

Some people get to see this work for the first time, and some people just have to believe its going to work and do it. You may not have the opportunity to see someone else do it, and show you that it works. You may have to go out by yourself for a while, and teach yourself. Whether you attend a workshop, read & apply, or anything else. You still have to take that leap of faith that it's going to work. Luckily, I can tell you that it does, and you've come to the right place to learn about it.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Seeing vs. Believing   Seeing vs. Believing I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Kierkegaard coined the phrase leap of faith, but it was meant with an existential twist.(segue) Smooth, you are correct my friend. It takes hard guts to take a dive into the pool of pick-up without visually seeing a learned person in action live in person. I was fortunate enough to have some progressive advances with chicks, before I entered this community. The teachings,methods of the community have stagnated me at times, but have allowed me to lauch into an biosphere trajectory for the most part. At times it seems that we all from Missouri, and want it shown before it can be internalized, and until we gather the self belief that this can occur without restrictions. Many will falter and not take advantage being able to leap. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Seeing vs. Believing   Seeing vs. Believing I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Excellent point Fortunehooks! When learning the Mystery Method in my head I would apply the teachings to past relationships in my mind. I could see them working, and where I made mistakes in the past. That was the only thing that kept me doing it. Mostly, because I knew what I was doing wasn't working, and that I had to do something different.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Seeing vs. Believing   Seeing vs. Believing I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:26 am

Once again excellent points fellas.

I started on my own, and learned the entire process on my own. I started about June of 07, then joined a forum the end of September of 07.

I didn't have the benefit of watching an experienced PUA at work while I was learning. And you're right, for some guys that would be enough to quit. However, for the guys that are strong enough to pull through that, it will dramatically elevate your game.

Now, I have also had the opportunities to be around other experienced PUA's and see their different styles. It has helped to strengthen my own style and my personal game further.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeing vs. Believing   Seeing vs. Believing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeing vs. Believing
Page 1 of 1