Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

...How to start anew...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-06-10

...How to start anew... Empty
PostSubject: ...How to start anew...   ...How to start anew... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:06 am

So I got into grad school... Hooray me.
I'm also moving (well - kinda) with a friend about 7 minutes away from campus. I'll still be coming home 2-3 days a week to work near my house - because I can't get a transfer...

BUT... thats no the issue.

The issue is I've gotten the 2nd chance I wanted. To really 'live life" - a friend told me I didn't go to "college" - I just went to "class" -

So, I have this golden opportunity. I'm in better shape than I was a year ago. The new frame (which includes style of dress, hairstyle, as well as vehicle...)

Yet I have to start over. I realized I'm in a new building. A new program. I don't know ANYBODY. What makes matters worse... all my classes are online due to cutbacks. So there is hardly any reason for me to go on campus - But i refuse to let that stop me. I'm going to hit the library. The eating areas. Etc.

It's just a bit overwhelming... at this point... I pray its not going to be the same scenario as when I got my bachelors.
Back to top Go down
Ritch
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: ...How to start anew...   ...How to start anew... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 am

Well me being new, this is something I would keep in mind. You don't HAVE to go to the campus. Which means no matter what, you don't really have to see anyone there again. So who cares what they think! That would make it way easier on me. Keep in mind I have some AA that I'm not quite over. I have been working on it. Congrats on getting into grad school! Your the fu*king man.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: ...How to start anew...   ...How to start anew... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:35 am

Larockstar, im gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you wana hear...

Your in grad school now, its nothing like college. The people are serious, most of them are going to be working professionals.

On top of that, your going to be BUSY. This is serious, the BIG SHOW. My old roomates all went to grad school...they spent EVERY weekend inside studying...because if they didnt there was no way theyd pass, not because they werent smart...but bc the topics are advanced and the proffessors expect you to learn alot, fast.

Grad students go out once or twice a semester...the night after midterms and the night after finals.

Your not there to make friends or party, your there to seriously pursue above and byond the status qoe.

Having said that, make friends and use the resources around you. Goto the library, sign up for a intermural sport or activity, etc. However dont expect it to be an extension of the "College Experience", youll be sorely dissapointed.

As Ritch pointed out, you dont HAVE to goto campus so you can be more adventerous when you do go.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: ...How to start anew...   ...How to start anew... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Larockstar, you are actually not working with a new frame at this point. Your style of dress, income, and car have nothing to do with your actual frame. That's mental. That's where your mind is. That's what actually causes your success of failure.

It's in your mind that you keep making your same old excuses. It's in your mind that you will ultimately have the success you want.

The new environment is perfect in that it is indeed a fresh start. But if your mind ain't right, the fresh start won't mean shit for you.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: ...How to start anew...   ...How to start anew... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:27 am

Wow Tripp. Amazing quote. "My success of failures..." - At least I'm successful at something in my head. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: ...How to start anew...   ...How to start anew... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:47 am

Hmmm. Actually that was a typo on my part. I meant success OR failure. But hey, if it gets the point across . . .
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...How to start anew...   ...How to start anew... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

...How to start anew...
Page 1 of 1