Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)

Go down 
+4
Ka
randy1random
MattJacks
Action_Jackson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Action_Jackson
VIP
VIP
Action_Jackson

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) Empty
PostSubject: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:47 am

Yo guys,

Before you read this make sure you read JSmooth's post "Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words?" because he covers all the great basics of what I call "Lifestyle Attraction Photos." He also specifically talks about taking social-proof photos with women.

Here's an excerpt from his post...

you should have photos of you and women hugging on each other and that sort of thing.

I've seen a million articles written about how important it is to get photos with attractive women, and it's 100% true. However, there's right and wrong way to do it.

So if you really want to take photos with women that raise your value, here are a few tips...

--> Try your best to be the primary focus of the photo... It does no good to get in a picture with a group of girls if you're the one on the end leaning in. Let's pick on Tripp for a second and show you an example of how it's possible to be in a photo with a hot girl but not necessarily raise your value...

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) Tripp-11

Now, I'm not saying Tripp has low value because of this photo...for all I know he is probably banging the hottie in the middle... but this photo doesn't communicate that. Remember, every photo tells a story.

On the flip side, here's an example that will definitely raise your value...

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) 210

Here are the rules I teach my guys:

If it's just you and 1 girl, you MUST be the primary focus.

If it's you and 2 or more girls, you MUST be the primary or at least the secondary focus.

If it's a group photo where there is another guy in the photo as well, then you MUST have equal or higher importance (focus)...

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) 310

In other words...

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) Group_10

How do I be the primary focus???

-Don't lean INTO her. Instead, pull her INTO YOU. The best way to do this is drape your arm around her neck so you can pull it towards you.

-Tell her to kiss you on the cheek.

-For photos with 3 or more people, be IN THE MIDDLE, not on the edge.

This is a really sloppy post but you guys should get the point. Basically, your body language in the photo will tell the story.

-AJ

BONUS TIP: How to take a high-value photo with celebrities (or anyone you KNOW is higher value than you).

Believe it or not, it IS possible to take a photo with a celebrity where your value appears equal to theirs. Here are two examples of me....one on how NOT to do it and one on how to CORRECTLY do it.

First is a photo of me with the infamous Mystery.

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) 410

I look like a total tool in this photo. When you take a photo with someone who you KNOW is higher value you MUST avoid making the infamous "star-struck face"...you know...the one that says "Look at me! I'm in a photo with a celebrity." Basically, you have to avoid making that shit-eating grin that I make. I couldn't help it in this one...I mean come on...I was partying with fkin Mystery!

Now here's an example where I did it right.

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) 510

Actually, this chick was cool. It's that actress Amy Smart in case you don't know who the hell she is. I was negging her right before this pic so she messed up my hair. But the key here is I have my arm draped around her neck and I'm actually looking off to the side as if I was distracted by something off-camera. This is a fantastic trick that will ALWAYS help raise your value because it communicates the exact opposite of the "star-struck" face. It makes the photo look more candid and less like a "once in a lifetime celebrity photo opportunity".

AJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.MatchbookMethod.com
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:45 am

love the post on camera etiquette. also.. i am in love with amy smart and wouldnt help but do a cheesy stupid grin face
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Good post!
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Id have been humping Amy Smart's leg so you'd both have done much better then me lol. (Especially in that pic, damn!). Did you pop a couple elephant tranqs to keep yourself laid back Razz

Something you said also struck a cord with me and i wanted to make a point here to help people. You mentioned being in the middle of the photo, and it can be hard when your trying to get everyone together for a pic and people kinda just line up where ever...

The answer to getting yourself in the middle is simple, move people! You can grab someones arm and be like "No you go over here!" or "Move over" and then just squeez in. Its emarkable how placid people will be when you give them a command. Also it gives you a chance to be the leader.

Also like AJ mentioned pull people too you. Sometimes ill put my arms around peoples shoulders, sometimes ill pull a girl in by her waist. Other times with larger groups i will wave everyone over to me...the idea is simple, you need to be centrific to whats going on.

Awsome post, great examples
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Very good post. I wouldn't think that too many people would think about something like this...but its def something that's picked up on an unconscious level. You are naturally drawn to the guy in the middle with the 2 girls right away and he is already displaying himself as the "alpha" male with social proof.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Just pick on me AJ Wink
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
-vH
rAFC
rAFC
-vH

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:00 pm

This post is great! I've been taking an interest in people and landscape photography lately, and after reading this thread, I started noticing these things while browsing through photos from an event I missed a few weeks ago.

I have just one thing to add...
for photos with 3 or more people, being in the middle doesn't necessarily mean you'll be the obvious primary focus.
Point in case, take a look at this photo:
Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) 2607llz
From close up, or if you were intentionally trying to focus on him, yeah, he looks like the hotshot (and probably is).
But from afar, and particularly if you didn't know him, the first thing you'd notice are the two ladies standing closer to the foreground.

Much of his body mass has been covered up by the two girls. Coupled with the fact that he's not particularly too peacocky, and that the girl is wearing a hot pink tank top, he just kinda blends in with the background. If he were to pull the two girls back slightly, and protrude his body towards the foreground more slightly, then the effects would definitely be more obvious to the subconscious mind.

-vH

edit: you may need to back up from the computer screen a bit to see what I mean--I made this judgment using a smaller thumbnail version of this photo.
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:44 am

That's true, I wouldve been humping her leg really hard lol

This is a good example I think, she is leaning into me, im actually standing straight up but I pulled her in to the picture!
Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) L_a8fa8216bc6a489c93d018d443668cf3

This is a better one, the body language of both girls appears to be into to me, Im just smiling Im actually starting to lean over a little bit because im losing my balance lol

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) L_0068d9aa098c484cab9d238682808bbb
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:55 pm

-vH wrote:
This post is great! I've been taking an interest in people and landscape photography lately, and after reading this thread, I started noticing these things while browsing through photos from an event I missed a few weeks ago.

I have just one thing to add...
for photos with 3 or more people, being in the middle doesn't necessarily mean you'll be the obvious primary focus.
Point in case, take a look at this photo:
Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) 2607llz
From close up, or if you were intentionally trying to focus on him, yeah, he looks like the hotshot (and probably is).
But from afar, and particularly if you didn't know him, the first thing you'd notice are the two ladies standing closer to the foreground.

Much of his body mass has been covered up by the two girls. Coupled with the fact that he's not particularly too peacocky, and that the girl is wearing a hot pink tank top, he just kinda blends in with the background. If he were to pull the two girls back slightly, and protrude his body towards the foreground more slightly, then the effects would definitely be more obvious to the subconscious mind.

-vH

edit: you may need to back up from the computer screen a bit to see what I mean--I made this judgment using a smaller thumbnail version of this photo.

Yeah, very true. He totally blends in. Plus he is just standing there. He needs to lean in more and get his body closer.
Back to top Go down
Action_Jackson
VIP
VIP
Action_Jackson

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am

WOW, awesome posts guys.

First, vH, you are TOTALLY right. The guy IS in the middle but the two girls are upstaging him. Damn you!...now I have to add a section on this too! I guess I expect guys to just "get it" and see what I see, but I understand that they don't.

Juice, the second photo you posted is definitely much better. The focus is totally on you, and the 2nd girl who is dramatically leaning in raises your value even MORE! I'd say the first photo is more mutual...you both share the same value.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MatchbookMethod.com
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:00 am

This why the term "Front AND Center" rings so true. Being in the middle of a picture is important, but just as important is being in the foreground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)   Social-Proof Photos (Advanced) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Social-Proof Photos (Advanced)
Page 1 of 1