Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beautiful and Well-Read Women

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
-vH
rAFC
rAFC
-vH

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Beautiful and Well-Read Women Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:20 am

I did quick search, albeit not with a lot of effort, and I found nothing.
While this may already be common knowledge amongst the community and its veterans, I'm still a newbie to the pickup scene, and it's a problem that I've been facing over and over during the last two or three months.

Anyways, it is no surprise that physical beauty is an attribute that all men seek in a woman,
but over the past couple months, I've realized that I'm beginning to find knowledge sexy in a woman when it is parred with physical beauty.
That is to say, I'm ridiculously attracted to beautiful women who spend just as much time their looks as they do keeping themselves well-read and knowledgeable.

Now this poses problems:

1)
First of all, I've had a fear for gorgeous women (8.5's and upwards) for as long as I could remember,
I can get along, and even pick-up the average chick (6, 7, or 8's at most), just fine. But since my methods of meeting and attracting have been self-taught all my life (until just a few weeks ago, actually, when I started having the whole PUA-talk with a buddy of mine), when I'm confronted with the type gorgeous and knowledgeable women that I happen to be so fond of, I literally lose my train of thoughts and I'm left in a standstill.

2)
Second of all, I'm still relatively young and an adolescent when it comes to being what society would consider "well-read". Also, compared to many women I happen to be attracted to--I'm at an age where two, three, or four years, could make a big difference--in sexual attraction, as well as in both book-smarts and street-smarts.
These "well-read" women I meet usually deflate the confidence I built up to approach them immediately. They are unaffected (for the most part) by most openers I have tried thus far, and they usually respond to these openers with big words and by talking about whatever it is that they're particularly well-read about or particularly fond of.
I found out (albeit, after failing several times) that, it's actually their own version of the shit test that I've never been used to. It also serves as a sort of a bitch-shield, to deter me from hitting on them with the knowledge that we are at different intellectual levels.
To make matters worse, these type of women are often used to being surrounded by AMOGs of all types (from hunky quarterbacks to college event supervisors to club sponsors)--something that I definitely am not.

My questions now are:
-What books can I read/ what types of practices can I do to improve myself before making another approach?
-How do I make myself stand out from those AMOG's? (She may be well-read, but that's no reason why she couldn't be a big flirt or be a party animal.)
-What kind of openers can I use, and what can I do to get past her bitch-shield and her shit-tests?

I realize this is a lot to ask...for my fourth post on this forum ever.
But help is much appreciated.

T.I.A.
-vH
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:35 am

It's not a lot to ask, and personally I'm glad to see you digging in bro. Thanks also for the post about the asian girls. That was good.

We actually have tons (over 50G) of material in the Vault for learning PUA, lol. Some of it actually works right now . . . the rest I'm fixing, lol. But, one man can only do so much at a time, haha.

Anyway, don't worry, the search feature on this forum isn't all that great just yet.

Now, to your questions. It is, as I'm sure you've already read or been told, an issue with your inner game. This can be improved/fixed/whatever label you want to put to it. That will take a bit of time. In the meantime, you should continue to practice on the "lesser" of the hotties and also build up the thickness of your skin with the "real" hotties.

One thing to remember, when talking to the hotties . . . even the HOTTEST of them . . . they are ALL human like you, have the same needs and desires and carnal cravings as you do, etc. Most, not all, but most women are actually hornier than most guys, in fact. They just don't find the guys that will turn them on, so they don't put out for all of them. That's where the guy needs to have guts. Pure, unadulterated guts.

When a girl hits you with a shit test or a bitch shield . . . be unaffected, plain and simple. Do NOT let her see that what SHE sees as a reason that YOU don't qualify has ANY effect on you. YOU know that YOU do qualify. Your confidence should show this, regardless of what she SAYS to you. In fact, you could hit her back with something like "really? you think so, huh?" . . . said with a PLAIN expression. Or . . . "must you use those $5 words to make yourself seem more intelligent? You know that's overcompensating." Now, don't go TOO overboard with this or you will seem too cocky, but come across confident with it and let her know it doesn't bother you.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:47 am

Love the RunDmc photo, so badass. Here's a suggestion of mine, you must first want to improve your studies for your own selfish reasons. The hotties, can't make you become a more astute learned man. You must do that all for yourself. What I suggest is read some books like Souls of Black folks by W.E.B. Dubois, Othello by Shakespeare, etc.etc. That would help you with your intellect. Become more interested in more interesting things. There are some PUA books you can pick up such as, The Game, Mystery's book, Hypnotica's audio series'. Those are all well in good, but what I want you to do is get your book worm on, my young friend.

Now, on to some other remarks. Don't fall into the AMOG trap is a first thing you must not do. I won't offer any openers at the moment, because whatever I give you just wont fly. You have to believe what you say, no matter what it is. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
-vH
rAFC
rAFC
-vH

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 am

I'm going to take everything already mentioned into consideration to improve my next game. Thanks in advance, L.A. Tripp & Fortunehooks1.

Fortunehooks1: Thanks, I'm a bit of a hip-hop head.
Luckily for me, I am genuinely interested in literature, so reading classic pieces of work is something I do a lot. I guess this is where only time can help.
As for PUA-related books, I've only read The Game thus far, but I'm slowly working towards more and more material--starting right here on this board.

Also, what's the "AMOG trap"? Embarassed

-vH
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:13 am

Cool. A few of us here are into hip-hop.

The next couple of PUA books you should read then are Mystery's book called The Venusian Arts and Style's sequel to The Game called Rules of The Game.

As far as the AMOG . . . are you calling the girls AMOG's, the shit tests they are throwing at you AMOG's . . . or guys AMOG's?

I believe what Fortune is saying, and he'll correct me if I'm wrong, is don't get caught up in being overly worried about the AMOG stuff right now. Honestly, not being affected is a good strategy right at this moment.
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Male Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:16 pm

I noticed you said you were having trouble with your "age". One of the things to take into consideration with age is how YOU present yourself. If you act like a teenager the girls older than you will see this and immdiatley write you off. There are some key points that people subconsciously look for when gauging someones maturity (reflection of age).

1. Comprehension of "Adult" Situations - this is easily messed up by "taking things to far". For instance, they guy who's in a group hear's the joke and then trys to put "his spin" on it and just ruins it. This is a major parrellel to maturity and your age.

2. Personal Direction - "young kids" have no idea what they want out of life. Now this isn't to say you need to know exactly what you want to do with yourself, but you need to have goals and a roadmap to achieve those goals. When you don't have these a woman is very apt to write you off as immature/young.

3. Personal/Sexual Confidence - Many people our age are just now discovering themselves and their sexuality (being that sex is very socially accepted and you know how to do it). If you act like your comfortable with who you are your going to see better reactions from women. A "man" knows who he is and knows how to please a women. Women associate age with not being able to do this.

The all-around best way to avoid your youth "segregating" you is to display these things prior to displaying your age. If your in a club and early in the interaction a girl asks you how old you are make her guess and say you'll tell her in a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jjobin11
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:42 pm

The intellect will certainly come over time just keep at it though it won't happen over night. I can tell you're a smart guy. If you don't know about the subject the girls are talking about ask questions, hopefully your thirst for knowledge will show more than your lack of.

Befriend the amogs if you're in a mixed set. Speak to them first and that way they won't see you as a thret.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:58 am

As LA stated," Don't follow the thinking that every guy is an AMOG, most are just orbiters( guys who are friends of a lovely girl, but the girl doesn't see them as a potential f friend) The Amog trap, is already believing that every mixed set puts you in a place where you have to compete with another guy. That's not the case, the mindset you need is an open mindset. A mindset where you are going to ask questions, and discover if this young woman is ready for her world to change by you.

Vh, I'm a hiphop head myself, that doesn't mean that you have to play up to some people's stereotype of what a typical hiphop head looks like, or how intelligent he/she is. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
-vH
rAFC
rAFC
-vH

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:40 am

I took all of the above into consideration,
and I actually made another approach today to a HB sitting in Starbucks with a laptop and really sexy reading glasses haha.

I took Fortunehooks1's advice in "believing" in what I say, and as opposed to trying new and/or original openers this time, I stuck to the Jealous Girlfriend opener that I'm more confident in. (I've been using a variation of this for as long as I could remember.) Coming through as confident and believing in what I say really got her engaged into the conversation, instead of blowing me off and giving me the "don't hit on me" look. Thanks Fortunehooks1.
L.A. Tripp's advice on not letting her shit-tests get to me and not being affected worked great, in conjunction with randy1random's advice in letting my thirst of knowledge outweigh my lack of knowledge. I responded to her intellectual talk by relating to what I can recall from my own readings, and asked genuine questions when I didn't understand. And even though I gave her a false time-constraint, she didn't seem to mind the fact that we ended up talking for a good twenty minutes.
It gave her the opportunity to speak up about the subjects she was fond of, and I think somewhere along the line of the whole "coffee and philosophy" talk, the whole bit by nuked about comprehending situations and having a direction kicked in (although it wasn't entirely intentional).

I'll admit, I'm feeling a bit giddy right now. I eventually number closed her, it worked great!
Thanks again, everybody.

Fortunehooks1: I understand what you're saying, and I don't do that. In fact, most people I know have a hard time believing that I even know artists like Public Enemy, Rakim, or of the BDP hahaha Smile

-vH
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 am

Glad to hear you're soaking it all in. Keep it up and you'll be getting more than number closes in no time. By the way, congrats on the number. Either drop her a text or give her a call tomorrow, if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:10 am

Vh, good deal on following through and derailing that train of caution. You saw, you liked, you walked over it's really that simple. By all means, I only offered what I felt is best. It's all about what you believe. As LA, said drop her line. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful and Well-Read Women   Beautiful and Well-Read Women I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beautiful and Well-Read Women
Page 1 of 1