Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A PUAs Facebook profile

Go down 
+3
randy1random
Vedere
ThinkerBell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ThinkerBell
AFC
AFC
ThinkerBell

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-26

A PUAs Facebook profile Empty
PostSubject: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 5:57 pm

Facebook is where real life contacts and online world cross. You are your real self, with your real name, your real friends, etc. and the only thing you can change is your profile information.

Let's say a random girl who is interested in you adds you.
How much information is she supposed to find out about you?

Have you written all your hobbies, interests, activities, etc.?
Do you keep photos of yourself (especially from social situations such as parties, nightclubs, etc.)?

I always put as little info about me as possible (and zero photos), especially because I fear that women who barely know me might easily get a wrong impression about me by simply reading online info.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 12:53 am

Welcome on the forum Thinkerbell, have a nice time around!

Well..
First of all.
I think you should always be your real self, your real name and your real friends. Don't lie about who you hang out with, who you are and what you do, cuz it can all backfire...
( I personally am not a fan of fake DHV stories. For example exgirlfriend-stripper stories when you never met a stripper. I think you shouldn't tell a story when you don't live that life. It's just not congruent with you. Always tell a story that is true in its core ( some details you can lie to make it sound cooler) and DHV the story itself with little details.
Sooo, If you don't like how you are or who you hang out with, than change that.. !

On the other hand, you can be your best self.

Hobbies , interests, activities : put some DHV's in them.
Whatever you do, you can make it sound cool.
Or the best is .. Do cool things!

I untag all the photos where I don't look at my best =) We all do Wink
Apart from that I have about 100+ photos.

I know there are a lot of succesful ladiesmen who don't even have facebook. They don't care about it. It's their personality.

It's all about you. What profile does fit your personality?

Don't change your profile if it doesn't reflect your personality, but change your personality if you want a cool facebook profile.

I personally don't meet girls on facebook. I use it to stay in contact with foreign friends and to share photos. When I a new girl at a bar or via friends, it's always nice to spy around at her facebook profile Smile

Cheers,

V
Back to top Go down
ThinkerBell
AFC
AFC
ThinkerBell

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:10 pm

What I mean is... I don't want them to be put off by some hobby they might not like or had a traumatic experience with or is stereotypically weird for them.

I am a classic music singer... what if a girl who is starting to get interested in me really hates classic music, and reads it on my FB profile?

Even if I make it sound cool or professional ("performance vocalist"), won't their prejudice be stronger when they read it instead of when I communicate it to them in person?
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:24 am

Dude..
Okay, I'll take few breaths first and think of how I'll write this down.

You ARE a classic music singer?
You DONT WANT TO BE PUT OFF by this hobby if they don't like it?
@#*! that!

It's your hobby , it is who you are and I personally think classic music singer is a great thing to do. If people don't like it, than you change your identity or , better, don't care. Why would you care...

( Of course, you can always make your hobby sound cooler, which I already told you above, but be who you are, in a succesful way ; Or change who you are! don't be who you're not )

And for your last question. I derive from that that you want to make it sound cooler because you don't like it how it would be written on facebook.

I now box , swim , study and I'm a bartender.
I can put it straight like that on my facebook or say it like that in their face.
I'm who I am now and I'm very comfortable with that.

Apart from that, I wish you a lot of peace, love and enlightment.

Ciao!

"Fammi abbraciare una donna che stira cantando Smile"
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 8:21 pm

Yeah Vedere but it pretty well. Think about it, whould you stop talking to a girl because they liked a band you didn't or they supported a different team to you? If they really don't like what you do then it's their loss and they probably arn't gonna be right for you anyway. Remember part of being a pua i having options and not fearing rejection.

Action Jackson is the guy to ask if you want to know anything else about facebook game.
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:13 am

Just my two cents here. By definition, a hobby is something you participate in because you derive pleasure from it. Of course some hobbies can be turnoff to women, like maybe dungeons and dragons or playing too many video games, but you shouldn't look at your life and wonder how to best conceal yourself to present a pleasant facade; instead, develop confidence in yourself and emphasize the things about you that make you unique. You are a classical singer? Own that. If you want to write about it on facebook then do it.

Women love a man with passions. Just a short aside regarding music. I dated a girl who was a singer/songwriter. The first night we went out, we were back at her place and she was playing the piano and singing for me. She got up to do something and I sat down at her piano and started playing the only song I know: Clair de Lune. I only made it through ten bars or so before... well, you know how that story ends. She told me later that when she saw I had some kind of interest like piano that is so different than most guys, her defenses fell like so many dominoes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:23 am

Just for more re-enforcement from another voice to help you understand, I'm back these three guys up, lol.

Seriously, build your confidence in who YOU are. Put on your profile what makes you who you are. Be proud of that. That confidence will show and is attractive.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Hengman
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Hengman

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Here's what worked for me:

-Keep your profile relatively short. I know for a fact I hate reading LONG ass intros.

-Another good way to build intrigue is by leaving only small info (such as your name, where you're from, and your email).

-Pictures HELP a lot. Make sure you have pictures of yourself with different preselection sources. For me, I tend to have a lot of pictures with babies. Who can resist a baby's smile? I sure can't.

I'm also a professional singer, and I let people know that. One of the MOST important things I recommend is putting a sense of your passion onto your profile. Passion is the MOST important thing when it comes to hitting emotional spikes.

Hopefully that helps.
Back to top Go down
ThinkerBell
AFC
AFC
ThinkerBell

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:10 am

Hmmm... so you place a lot of importance on self-value here, instead of "image creation".

I know that passion and confidence can really attract a woman in an honest sense, but from what I gathered, it won't attract women who wouldn't come to you if you had not been honest...

Don't know whether you understand my point. I am very confident about my passions, and if it were for a serious, committed, long-term relationship, I obviously want to be myself instead of faking my image.

But very often also girls whom I met once or twice in a nightclub add me on Facebook. What if I want to have a short-term/one-night-stand with them? Wouldn't they be turned off by something they might dislike inherently - or, due to stereotypes - for example, Dungeons & Dragons?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:11 am

Again it comes down to how confident YOU are with yourself. There are big names out there that play role playing games, such as AFC Adam.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
ThinkerBell
AFC
AFC
ThinkerBell

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:55 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
Again it comes down to how confident YOU are with yourself.

Really? Very Happy Well, trying will probably not hurt...
Still, I am not sure how confidence can be communicated through text/Facebook, as opposed to live interaction.
I can speak about dice and swords with a sexy accentuation, etc. and convey the passion when I speak with my full body language.

But aren't stereotypes stronger when they read mere text?
Back to top Go down
Hengman
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Hengman

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:17 pm

ThinkerBell wrote:
Hmmm... so you place a lot of importance on self-value here, instead of "image creation".

I know that passion and confidence can really attract a woman in an honest sense, but from what I gathered, it won't attract women who wouldn't come to you if you had not been honest...

Don't know whether you understand my point. I am very confident about my passions, and if it were for a serious, committed, long-term relationship, I obviously want to be myself instead of faking my image.

But very often also girls whom I met once or twice in a nightclub add me on Facebook. What if I want to have a short-term/one-night-stand with them? Wouldn't they be turned off by something they might dislike inherently - or, due to stereotypes - for example, Dungeons & Dragons?

Mr. Tripp explained the best statement to your solution. Passion does make you who you are.

The basic cycle of attraction (simplified):
Passion makes positivity. A sense of positivity is a sign of confidence. Confidence equals attraction.

And for your question, if you want to ONS them or just put them to bed, I wouldn't recommend Facebook. It's really risky. However, you can start off messaging them and just build intrigue (which is used in a lot of phone game); then when you're done that, get the number. If they have their number(s) on their Facebook already, game them before hand so they don't think you're a threat (I also have had girls who thought I stalked them).

I wouldn't mind them stereo-typing me for playing Dungeons & Dragons. In the end, they still don't know you. They won't know your favorite food, color, style, etc. You can post your whole life's story on Facebook, and people will still know you by only your name.

Here's what I go through a lot:

I get stereo-typed a WHOLE bunch for being Asian. Does it phase me? No, because they don't know me. I also got threatened a whole bunch of times because I'm Asian (and I'm built for an Asian guy, especially at a young age). I also get the term that I'm intimidating (when they've never spoke to me once, but it's because of how I look). I deal with it by throwing those comments out of the window. In the end, people still won't know you.
Back to top Go down
Action_Jackson
VIP
VIP
Action_Jackson

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:45 pm

I understand your fear of prematurely disqualifying yourself, but you are who you are. That being said, the one thing you DON'T want to do is list things that you dislike. You don't want to scare a girl off because SHE thinks you're going to prematurely judge HER because you put you hate smokers and once in a while she smokes socially at a bar.

Be confident and enthusiastic about what you like and who you are and girls will hop onboard. It's all about your attitude.

Someone mentioned how important pictures are....he's right. You can write all you want, but pictures are what's going to back it up. They show your true colors and act as the proof that you are a fun, high-value, alpha male.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MatchbookMethod.com
ThinkerBell
AFC
AFC
ThinkerBell

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Hengman wrote:

I get stereo-typed a WHOLE bunch for being Asian. Does it phase me? No, because they don't know me. I also got threatened a whole bunch of times because I'm Asian (and I'm built for an Asian guy, especially at a young age). I also get the term that I'm intimidating (when they've never spoke to me once, but it's because of how I look). I deal with it by throwing those comments out of the window. In the end, people still won't know you.

They won't know me... but what I fear is that this gap between their impression of me and the actual person I am is the most significant part in determining whether they will like me or not.
Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A PUAs Facebook profile   A PUAs Facebook profile I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A PUAs Facebook profile
Page 1 of 1