Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My belief/declaration

Go down 
+6
Hobbit
Skotos
LaRockStar
Juice
Fortunehooks1
L.A. Tripp
10 posters
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

My belief/declaration Empty
PostSubject: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:20 pm

The following post will further separate me from some of the major players in the PUA field, and that's ok with me. For those of you that know me, you know I don't really care about that. I just look for mutual respect. We should value each other. For those that don't respect or value me, their lose. My gain for having filtered them out.

My beliefs are completely contrary to most in this field. I will say, however, that I fully RESPECT your personal beliefs as long as you respect mine. Your beliefs are just that, your beliefs. I know good people that are Christians and good people that are atheists. I also know horrible people that are Christians and horrible people that are atheists. I look at the person and judge my opinion based on that.

I think you see where I'm going with this post. Yes, I'm a Christian and I don't apologize for that. In fact, when I look at what I know of Jesus, He's the most alpha person you could ever look at. Sure, we look at movie characters and such to learn about being alpha, and that's fine because it's a visual medium that helps us evaluate. However, the core, the inner game that I talk about, not being phased by what others think of you, not caring what others think of you, etc., knowing without a doubt who you are regardless of what others say or think, the whole package . . . all of that was present in Him.

Do I attend church every Sunday? No. Yes, I believe in God, and I believe Jesus died for me, but this isn't a discussion about religion, nor is it the place on the forum for that.

Now, you wouldn't know my personal beliefs or stance by looking at my lifestyle. This is true. I'm human. I have strengths, weaknesses, needs, desires, hurts, joys, pain, happiness, etc., just like the rest of you.

I'm not one to use $5 words just to make myself sound more educated or professional. I detest that. I'm not one to write a half page paragraph when one sentence will do the job. I don't mince words most of the time. I'm blunt, say it how I see it, and if you can't respect that, tough for you.

I do believe, and have seen it and proven it with actions, with personal results, and with my students results time and time again that the attraction switches work, that everything I teach works. Does this contradict my belief in God? No. I believe He made us with these switches for the purposes of attracting each other and reproducing.

The core of what we teach in PUA is true, it works. I believe that any man or woman can better themselves . . . but it's up to THEM to do that. I can provide tools, I can guide you along the way, but YOU have to take the tools and guidance I give you and put them into effect in your life and make the necessary changes to bring about your desired change that you want.

Last edited by L.A. Tripp on Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:48 am

Well put, LA. Peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Yay! Tripp good post
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:19 am

One of the best posts yet...
Back to top Go down
Skotos
rAFC
rAFC
Skotos

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:33 pm

An interesting post - I'm not sure why you feel the need to disambiguate your religious faith with your PUA practice. Presumably there's already a perceived tension between the two (not necessarily yours - I'm speaking more broadly in cultural terms). I'd encourage you to seek out and explore the source of such a tension, if the topic meets your interest. Smile

I do find the association of Christian and alpha values a little perplexing (one of the most inspiring lessons of Jesus, to me, is humility - and I say this, for the record, as an atheist). But ultimately that's all theology, and I don't want to risk throwing around the $5 dollar words that Tripp detests. Very Happy

Happy Christmas everyone btw!
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Nah, the post isn't about public reconciliation. It's a public declaration, simple as that. I respect your beliefs. This post lays that out. I'm curious about who respects my beliefs. I know many don't and I'm fine with that.

By the way, yes many are inspired by His humility, lol. This is true. But I'm looking at His other traits that convey alpha. You know, he didn't look at Pilate as someone to be feared, or even someone that was greater than Him actually. He stood His ground in different situations. He directed people to do what needed to be done, etc.

And for the record . . . I'm still glad to have you as a part of this forum skotos.

You see, as I said, this is my declaration. I'm not running around here trying to shove my beliefs down anyone's throat, as anyone who knows me or talks to me would verify. I see others that are atheists doing that on another forum and then accusing those that believe in some type of higher power of doing that very thing. I try to make it a point not to do that on here.

I don't much do it in my day to day personal life either. You see, I don't want to be another cog on the wheel that contributes to the already bad image that Christians have . . . because of some professing Christians lol. Instead, you'll see how I am by seeing who I am.

Oh, and those $5 words I'm talking about . . . ahem . . . does the word "augmented", or "augmentation", or anything of that sort ring a bell? Well, it's a word that's thrown around for the sole purpose (with certain people) of making them sound MORE than what they truly are. That's what I mean by I detest that, lol.
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 12:10 am

I don't see how humility isn't and can't be an alpha characteristic.
Back to top Go down
Briguy388
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:28 am

Merry Christmas everyone,

To me, humility is a charectoristic I respect, and would befriend people who convey it, and combining Christianity with whats stated above, probally wouldn't work to well, I don't mind personally, Very Happy but people who practice what Christianity teaches whole heartedly, would not consider any form of promiscuity Christian. As for myself, I was raised Christian, but as life went on and I learned more through life I constructed my own personal relationship with religion, but to each his own, respect.
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:41 am

Jesus was conscient.
He loved everything and everybody.. He watched without approving or disapproving anything... He just loved. That's all.
The opposite of love is somehow fear imo.
Back to top Go down
Skotos
rAFC
rAFC
Skotos

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Hobbit wrote:
I don't see how humility isn't and can't be an alpha characteristic.

I guess the question ends up in semantics - humility is a flexible enough word that it can be seen as conflictual or harmonious with alpha characteristics depending on the spin you give to its meaning. Personally, I see alpha values to be closer a person's sense of personal pride, especially if one feels the drive towards acquiring/learning them (as with the PUA disciplines) rather than having them innate. I say this with the qualifier that pride, as the shield that keeps my integrity from the pressures of the external world, is as important a part of my spiritual self as humility, which instead provides the guidelines and cornerstones for my interiority, which would otherwise stumble. Christianity tends to demonize pride (pun) - it sees it as the underside in the pole of good and evil, which is one of the reasons why I don't embrace its worldview fully - to me, pride and humility are two faces of the same moral medal and I value them both as part of my spiritual self. Negating our pride and our sense of personal value can be damaging and the loss of alpha characteristics, to me, would exemplify just that.

This doesn't mean that I don't at the same time have tremendous appreciation for the lessons that Christianity teaches in humility and in respect for others. Religion to me goes far beyond the empirical question of whether God exists - it informs our worldview, the way we see and feel things around us, our sense of ethics and history, the way we behave and relate to others. In this sense, and in one meaning of the term, I believe it is possible to be a Christian even without believing in God. Not having a god doesn't mean suppressing one's spirituality. I believe that if atheists approached the gospels with an open mind they could find a lot to learn even without relinquishing their atheism, as much as I believe that Christians could find things to broaden their spirituality even while keeping Christ, simply by being willing to learn from other spiritual paths like, say, Confucius, Zen religion and even declared atheists like Nietzsche or Camus. It's simply a matter of keeping ourselves open to the good of others and to the potential of our own spiritual selves, without being afraid of trying (or approaching) the new. Smile

And Tripp -- thanks for your kind words. I used to be a pretty militant atheist and I know if I had kept the close-minded approach I used to entertain back then, I might have rejected teachings such as those of the game before even trying them for myself. Considering the benefits I've drawn from them, I'm pleased I didn't stick with those positions, and it's good to feel welcome. Smile

Peace and love for everyone! DJ
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Quote :
especially if one feels the drive towards acquiring/learning them (as with the PUA disciplines) rather than having them innate.
It's not innate in anyone. Some learn it through socialization, some work on it themselves, and others have to consciously learn it.

I don't feel pride is not having self worth, in the sense used by church's. Rather, pride is always comparing your self worth against other people. To me confidence is a feeling a self worth. It doesn't seek external validation, because internally one is aware of their self worth.

The PUA AFC Adam is a quite humble person, if you ever listen to any of his interviews or talks. It doesn't matter if this humility is part of possible social robot's appearance or not, that humility doesn't limit him from getting women because he is confident.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:13 pm

Hobbit wrote:

It's not innate in anyone. Some learn it through socialization, some work on it themselves, and others have to consciously learn it.

I don't feel pride is not having self worth, in the sense used by church's. Rather, pride is always comparing your self worth against other people. To me confidence is a feeling a self worth. It doesn't seek external validation, because internally one is aware of their self worth.

I like the way you stated that Hobbit.
Back to top Go down
RoyaltyInExile
rAFC
rAFC
RoyaltyInExile

Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:56 am

Tripp, when you started your post by saying that your beliefs are completely contrary to most in this field, do you mean that most people in this field aren't Christians? I don't know enough people in the field to know if there are many Christians in the field or not, so that's why I'm asking.

Either way, I respect your beliefs and have always found you to be very helpful. I've lost a lot of respect for some of the supposed top PUAs in the game whose only goal seems to be to see how much money they can get out of young, naive guys who pay thousands of dollars (probably their college tuition savings in some cases) for products and services from these PUAs, only to never hear from them again despite assurances from these PUAs that with these purchases they are becoming life long students of these PUAs and will be able to contact the PUAs for advice when necessary.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:25 pm

Yes, that's what I mean Royalty. Think about it. MM is designed on evolutionary principles, even though the attraction switches do work, and can also be logically explained with a theological viewpoint as well. However, evolution is also a personal belief, and that's how many people do believe, so that's their choice. Most people that have been in this field for some time or that come into this field are either professed atheists or agnostics and don't want any talk of any type of god around. So yes, most of them aren't Christians, although there are a few exceptions here and there. I'm one exception and I know of a few others that are as well. Especially on this forum.

I know, and see, your point on some of the bigger names. I have lost respect for a few of them myself, but for other reasons.

I also think the products are priced too high, but then again it's their income, so I understand it from a business perspective, plus they want the information to be valued so they price it higher for that reason as well.

I still try to keep things affordable myself.

I can't say I'm perfect about keeping in touch with everyone, even former students, because my time is limited. However, there are only a few I've actually shut the door and locked it on, which means I purposely don't have or keep contact with them. For the most part though, I try to make myself available when I can to the ones that have been around with me for a while and the ones that have paid as well.
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:23 am

Cool post. I'm personally an athiest even though my great-grandad was a bishop. I respct anyones beliefs as long as they dont cause harm to anyone else and they don't belittle people for not having the same point of view.

I don't think religon and pua need to be mutually exclusive either.
Back to top Go down
Skotos
rAFC
rAFC
Skotos

PostSubject: Re: My belief/declaration   My belief/declaration I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Hobbit wrote:

Again, the question hovers a lot around semantics. See the etymology of "proud" - http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=proud - a lot of it finds its derivation from a positive term rather than a negative one. And derogatory discussions of pride, especially in Christian literature, always struck me as very close to its positive depictions in other cultures, which emphasize precisely what you call confidence. If you're interested, check out for instance this depiction of Capaneus in Canto XIV of the Divine Comedy, and tell me that it wouldn't stand as an heroic icon for any disciple of the Stoic philosophy in Hellenistic times Smile :

Who is that mighty one who seems to heed not
The fire, and lieth lowering and disdainful,
So that the rain seems not to ripen him?

And he himself, who had become aware
That I was questioning my Guide about him,
Cried: "Such as I was living, am I, dead.

If Jove should weary out his smith, from whom
He seized in anger the sharp thunderbolt,
Wherewith upon the last day I was smitten,

And if he wearied out by turns the others
In Mongibello at the swarthy forge,
Vociferating, 'Help, good Vulcan, help!'

Even as he did there at the fight of Phlegra,
And shot his bolts at me with all his might,
He would not have thereby a joyous vengeance."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content