Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helpppp!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stevo
AFC
AFC
stevo

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Helpppp!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Helpppp!!!!!   Helpppp!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:48 am

can u guys help me come up with a pretty good dvv story mainly focusing on pre selection by women.

i was supposed to go to this party i couldnt get a ride and i need to explain it to this hb 8.5 i have a class with. whats a few general ways i could go with this??
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Helpppp!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpppp!!!!!   Helpppp!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 am

OK, first of all, does she know that you don't have transportation?

I'd come from the angle of saying "gee, nobody's dependable these days". Own it and use it to show that you can't count on people. Maybe next time she'll offer a ride . . . in more ways than one.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Helpppp!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpppp!!!!!   Helpppp!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:37 pm

I don't quite understand why you have to explain it at all. "Oh that's right, that was Friday? How was it?"

Explaining it away seems like you are making excuses for yourself...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
Jenkzzsta
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Jenkzzsta

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Helpppp!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpppp!!!!!   Helpppp!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:34 am

i think he means, like just make it sound like one of your friends was unreliable..
is that what you meant or are you talking about something new?
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Helpppp!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpppp!!!!!   Helpppp!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 am

My point is that you shouldn't have to make excuses for yourself; I feel like that makes a person seem weak-willed. And if you take someone asking why you weren't around as an opportunity to forcefeed a story to increase her opinion of you, especially if you are making up a story to do this, it seems transparent and, quite frankly, pathetic. You want to be impressive in who you are, not who you say you are.

stevo, you are 19, so either freshman or sophomore, right? I don't want to spoil the mystery but you can probably expect another party or two before you're done with college. You'll have plenty of shots!

As far as looking for a story to relate your value (I assume you meant dhv and not dvv?), there is a great article somewhere here about displaying your value in confidence and passion. I can't remember who wrote/posted it, but... maybe JSmooth? Take a look around for it. The quick version of the article is that having the confidence to understand that the things you are interested in are important because you are interested in them is a very attractive quality. Hint: it's the confidence, not content, that matters. So if what you were doing instead of being at this party does come up, sure don't feel like you have to hide the fact you would have been there if not for a ride (like Tripp said, she might even offer to drive you next time), but don't feel like you need to make up an excuse for not having been there. You should be self-sufficient enough to have had a good time even if you weren't there. Get it? That's a dhv.

Now, social proof? Pre-selection? Guess who the first person who needs to believe your social proof and pre-selection is. That's right, it's you. Think of it this way: why would any girl looking for fun and excitement waste her time talking to a guy who is so obviously worthless he doesn't even believe in himself? That's a trick statement because every person has worthy attributes, but if you don't really believe in your own value (i.e., instead of thinking you were worse off for not having been graced by the party, think the party was worse off for your absence), many people will see believing in your value as just too much energy to spend. It's like pre-rejecting yourself. And I firmly believe that making up a story for what you doing and trying to squeeze social proof and pre-selection as thematic elements of this story screams, unequivocally, "I think I have to lie about my life in order to make you want to talk to me."

Be yourself, my man, and be proud of that. You want this girl begging for your affection, not weighing the merits of your excuses.

Last edited by Karma on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo killin')
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Helpppp!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpppp!!!!!   Helpppp!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:34 am

Jenkzzsta, yes.

Karma, you hit it.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Helpppp!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpppp!!!!!   Helpppp!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Karma wrote:
My point is that you shouldn't have to make excuses for yourself; I feel like that makes a person seem weak-willed. And if you take someone asking why you weren't around as an opportunity to forcefeed a story to increase her opinion of you, especially if you are making up a story to do this, it seems transparent and, quite frankly, pathetic. You want to be impressive in who you are, not who you say you are.

stevo, you are 19, so either freshman or sophomore, right? I don't want to spoil the mystery but you can probably expect another party or two before you're done with college. You'll have plenty of shots!

As far as looking for a story to relate your value (I assume you meant dhv and not dvv?), there is a great article somewhere here about displaying your value in confidence and passion. I can't remember who wrote/posted it, but... maybe JSmooth? Take a look around for it. The quick version of the article is that having the confidence to understand that the things you are interested in are important because you are interested in them is a very attractive quality. Hint: it's the confidence, not content, that matters. So if what you were doing instead of being at this party does come up, sure don't feel like you have to hide the fact you would have been there if not for a ride (like Tripp said, she might even offer to drive you next time), but don't feel like you need to make up an excuse for not having been there. You should be self-sufficient enough to have had a good time even if you weren't there. Get it? That's a dhv.

Now, social proof? Pre-selection? Guess who the first person who needs to believe your social proof and pre-selection is. That's right, it's you. Think of it this way: why would any girl looking for fun and excitement waste her time talking to a guy who is so obviously worthless he doesn't even believe in himself? That's a trick statement because every person has worthy attributes, but if you don't really believe in your own value (i.e., instead of thinking you were worse off for not having been graced by the party, think the party was worse off for your absence), many people will see believing in your value as just too much energy to spend. It's like pre-rejecting yourself. And I firmly believe that making up a story for what you doing and trying to squeeze social proof and pre-selection as thematic elements of this story screams, unequivocally, "I think I have to lie about my life in order to make you want to talk to me."

Be yourself, my man, and be proud of that. You want this girl begging for your affection, not weighing the merits of your excuses.

= One of the best posts I read here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helpppp!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpppp!!!!!   Helpppp!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helpppp!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The PUA Beat-
Jump to: