Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going out by yourself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Going out by yourself Empty
PostSubject: Going out by yourself   Going out by yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 am

As i went out last night i learnt a few things about it. I do generally sarge by myself when im out anyway, other PUA's doing their own stuff with us saying hi throughout the night. No winging.

If you are able to go out by yourself and have fun then you can conquer the world Wink

L.A. Tripp wrote:
First of all, don't have it in your head that it's gonna be hard, cause it's really not.

So I thought I would share some things that I think are important and what stops allot of people from doing it. There is not allot about going solo anywhere (google only has 205,000 lol), this forum has 2 available to everyone, 1 of J's reports, and 1 from me asking about solo sarging (I will also include some things from that post here).

The reasons most people dont go out alone are as follow:
  • Why would I go out by myself. I have wings/friends who go out.

So? Do you want to rely on your wings/friends all the time, what if something comes up and they can't come? The person who you should rely on is yourself. If you go out you find out things about yourself and your game you wouldnt with wings/friends
  • You are a loser if your out by yourself. Its a DLV.

Lies. Of all the people that asked where my friends were, none gave me sugar for saying they were coming. People go out all the time to meet new people, new groups. Why shouldn't you?
  • I will end up a wallflower in the corner without friends.

Again, lies. What kind of PUA stands in the corner of a club overlooked and undernoticed. Would you be in the corner like a loser if your friends were actually there? No, so why does it matter.
  • I need help isolating/taking care of the obstacle

Ok. Heres the tiffle, but really it isnt hard to merge sets. Start a arguement about something in the club and open the set next to you, introduce everyone. Hell, if youve been opening since you got into the club then you should have a big social circle who at least recognise your face. Go back to those guys and merge those groups (mixed or not).
L.A. Tripp wrote:
You don't have to stay in any one set for any specific length of time. You can open, eject, open, banter, eject, etc. Take some "new friends" with you to other sets and merge them.

Now to the important parts about going out by yourself.
  • You can vastly improve the areas you want to work on without the distraction of a wing coming in and asking/bragging for help from his set. You are there for you, not anyone else. Be selfish and revel in the feeling.

• It will force you to open. If your there, 3/4 of the issue is gone, why would you drive/train/cab all the way to the club and not even open???

• It will build your inner game immensly. You have only you to rely on. Your confidence will shoot up as a result.

• I would personally say its more fun. You dont have a wing to pull your state down by talking about sets he had a challenge with. Or about his day, his sarge, this, that. Anything you do is up to you. Hell, i played pool for almost 5 hours last night while opening any set that wanted to play plus when walking around opened anyone (including, a bit off topic, a guy who 0wned the df, i told him so, and about the women around him who wanted to dance, improving my soc standing by talking to the center of the club)

• Now, the biggest one. It DESTROYS YOUR FEAR. Not AA, dont get me wrong, AA is there in that you have to open and the first set is allways the hardest. But as in, your fear of going out completly without anyone to go to if you dont get where you want with a set (I had to reword this part a few before I was happy writing it). Instead when that happens, you move to a new set, lo-and-behold they open, you join talk leave and go to the next group.

Ok, so thats it so far. Some of you more experienced guys in solo sarge can post some more things/advice. I will once I think of it. Mind you this post doesnt have much advice, more reasons to do it. I think Tripps advice below pretty much sums up what to do.
L.A. Tripp wrote:

Just go in, be social, open guys and girls, build your social proof. Get some girls comfortable being around you and you've got your pre-selection.
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Going out by yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going out by yourself   Going out by yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 pm

I agree with what you wrote and the way it echos Tripp's advice. I've written some things about the advantages of sarging alone too. I agree that you get better faster and without as much hassle from a wing. You have to consider that when you're out with a wing it's great practice and you can help each other. One thing that is very true is your wing may not be with you always and you have to learn to do things on your own.

El Topo said something very interesting that I hold to. He said, "If you can't go out and get the results on your own such as a lay you don't need to wing each other. You bring more sticking points to a set otherwise." I completely agree with this statement. Now instead of just a few sticking points you know how to get past you now have his sticking points with the set as well.

There are some advantages to going out with a wing when it comes to group theory. On the other hand I've successfully merged and made sets numbering over 20 and handling them on my own. It's not something that is easy to do but it can be done. I'm not saying go out and make a set that large but if you have to you know it is there.

In my opinion there are more advantages and benefits to sarging alone, especially in the beginning of learning this, than there is negatives. Once you get better then by all means go out with others who are good so you can learn some things from them and incorporate what you like.
Back to top Go down

Going out by yourself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The PUA Beat-
Jump to: