Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cock Diesel
Vault Personal Trainer
Vault Personal Trainer
Cock Diesel

Male Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. Empty
PostSubject: Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard.   Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 2:04 am

Admittedly, this hair isn't original.. The inspiration came from J-dog(?) from the VH1 show. However, for all intents and purposes, I have yet to run into anyone who has -ever- seen anything like this. My hair is short (clipped with #3 guide), then bleached platinum blonde. I wore it like this for a day, but thought, "lots of guys bleach their hair.. it's a tired look." So the following evening, I added black stripes to my platinum blonde hair. Two on the right side about 1x4 inches, and another, tiger stripe-shaped one on the other, upper side of my head, about where people would part their hair (can't see in the pic).

This is peacocking.. But also, style is important, too, and it is (in my case) completely un-congruent with the hair, which actually works quite well.

I wore a snug fitting pink button down dress shirt, untucked, sleeves rolled up, and top button un-done. I wore a thick-banded watch on one wrist and a thick leather bracelet on the other. I wore a loosely tied neck tie. I messed with the knot so that it kind of hung back-side out, with the small end of the tie showing (rather than hidden behind the tie). This look is what I call “just had office sex.” With this, I wore torn jeans and white dress shoes.. I think this look (style) attracts some women who fantasize about having sex with one of their co-workers or bosses at work. And this is what he would look like after sex..

The hair and the outfit are so incongruent, that it is an effective peacock. You don’t expect a guy with blonde hair with black stripes to wear a shirt and tie, regardless how
“messy” (untucked, sleeves rolled up, tie twisted, torn jeans). It’s no different than someone with sleeve tattoos or a mohawk doing the same thing. Additionally, I’m built fairly well. It's not obvious when I wear the dress shirt, so I roll my sleeves up to show off my muscular forearms Wink. This further differentiates my look—I’m not “punk”, regardless of the hair, because punks are usually not buff. I might appear gay, but as soon as I open my mouth it is obvious that I am not. The look, as a package- muscular guy with funky original hair, and a very metrosexual and stylish outfit is an original look. You see guys with funky hair, you see buff/ripped guys, and you see guys who dress with curiously trendy style.. but you don’t see all of that in one package. It says “I am my own person; I have my own style, and I love it”

On the other hand, if your hair is “square” (ie, boring, see Mr. Bean). You don’t strike attention if you wear a suit (boring hair and a suit go hand and hand). You could wear really funky clothes, but it would be incongruent (in a bad way) with your dorky hair…

Anyway, I got SO much attention—from men AND women. I was opened by women on my way to the bathroom, bar, and even when running game on other women.. Sure, some people will think it looks ridiculous, however, you have to have the mentality and frame to go with it. That mentality says “I’m fun. I’m adventurous, I’m stylish, I’m original, I’m confident and secure in my sexuality, because I have the balls to not only dye my hair like this, but I own it..” This cannot be stressed enough. If you are doing any kind of peacocking, it should be original (by definition), but you need to own it. I walk in the room and through the club like I’m a celebrity or mayor of the place who’s on top of the world, yet friendly and approachable. I’m having the time of my life, enjoying every second, have no worries in the world, and there’s nothing you can do or say that will bring me down from the clouds.

This attitude, including the hair and outfit, made me look like a walking party. I look fun. I’m not arrogant or cocky—instead, I’m approachable. I make eye contact with everyone I pass and say “what’s up, man” or I’ll just give an eyebrow pump w/ cocky smile as I walk by women. I must look mysterious. People are attracted to someone like this. I mean, who wants to open or get to know someone who not only looks like a boring person, but is sitting there like his dog just died?

People (men and women) want to come up and open me to see what I’m all about. I don’t disappoint either—I have funny material ready if they ask about my hair, clothes, or anything else. The men in the club that stand on the perimeter holding their beer in front of their chests like a security blanket probably snicker and whisper “look at this guy” but in reality, they are jealous-- the party is here. They want to join the party but are too macho or feel too inadequate to approach or say “what’s up, man” to me.. Granted, I didn’t notice anyone snickering or laughing and pointing, but I’m sure it was there. In reality, these guys are just jealous because I can pull off what they can’t.. I’m not bothered by them because I don’t give a shit what they or anyone else in the club thinks.

Anyway, I had a blast going out like that. I could approach anyone and have their immediate attention. It’s because in my approach alone, I have already DHV’d myself as someone confident, fun, stylish, in demand (because I'm talking to everyone in the place- (Incidentally, whether you talk to women or especially men, touch them, put your arm around them or hand on their shoulder briefly. This is an alpha male quality, and when you touch men, especially, you appear to be the dominant male.) When I approach, their bodies and eyes snap to face me just to see what this guy has to say. Hooking the set took little effort. Because of my unique and mysterious look, they want to ask me what I do for a living, what’s up with my hair, etc etc. To all questions, I don’t give them straight answers (Deangelo).. Which raises their curiosity even more.

Can’t over-estimate the importance of maybe not “peacocking” per se, but finding your original style- one that sets you apart from every other dude in the place.

Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. DJblackstripesedit

And the kicks (which make the outfit.. White shoes like this are very in-style. Yet, the guys who wear them are mainly guys who can dance, or guys with up-to-date style. Typically, i'd say less than 1% of guys in an average club sport the white dress shoes.)

Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. Kicksjeans-1
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard.   Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:23 am

You've hit a very good point. We HAVE to find our own style. What fits our personality.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard.   Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:58 pm

What can I say, you have systematically laid out the groundwork for why guys/gals should own their personality and style. I absolutely can't stress enough how confident, secure and sure of yourself you have become. It's not only refreshing to read, but wonderful to observe. Also, the outfit and the hair are kick ass. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard.   Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:45 am

Yeah, I usually peacock with the clothes I wear
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard.   Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:45 am

absolutely inspiring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard.   Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Effective peacocking w/out looking like you're trying too hard.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The PUA Beat-
Jump to: