Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PUA on a stop watch?

Go down 
+4
Fortunehooks1
L.A. Tripp
Hobbit
LaRockStar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PUA on a stop watch? Empty
PostSubject: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:50 pm

We all know with women/men having such a busy career life to go out and meet people, speed dating is now more popular than ever.

I was looking into signing up for an evening speed-dating event, (men/women 24-36).
I'll be 24 in January so my baby-face self can slip right in.

I was wondering, has anybody ever tried it? How could I relate the PUA techniques to a quick 5 minute interview?
alien
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:56 pm

Be different than everyone else. Make sure all the other girls see you having fun with every girl you talk to. I've never done it, but that advice seems pretty basic.
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:01 pm

Hobbit wrote:
Be different than everyone else. Make sure all the other girls see you having fun with every girl you talk to. I've never done it, but that advice seems pretty basic.

Very true. Now be different I'd assume would be to start with dress-code. Any suggestions?
Obviously nice outfit, but any peacocking gear necessary? Wasn't sure about a Fedora...
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 pm

If you peacock I'd be sure to make it apart of the outfit and not looking like your trying to stand out.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:20 am

I've never tried this before either, but I would agree with Hobbit's logic on this.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:01 am

Firstly, I have not done the speed dating, but I think I want to try this out. As for as asking interview questions, tailor make them to be fun, interesting, and just totally random stuff. Why, random because you don't have all night to sit there and try to formulate a connection with boring q and a sessions. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:30 am

Oh! Don't ask questions, make statements.

"Where you from" NO
"You look like your from Toronto" YES
"What do you work as" NO
"You seem like a librarian" YES
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:47 am

Hobbit wrote:
Oh! Don't ask questions, make statements.

"Where you from" NO
"You look like your from Toronto" YES
"What do you work as" NO
"You seem like a librarian" YES

WoW...
So, should I make the statements seem off the wall?
I mean, really...Toronto (when I live in Florida)
Librarian at the age of 25? bounce
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:24 pm

No thats just examples, try your best to do cold reads. A conversation is much more fun when you make statements because you can tease them when they ask why you said that. Making statements is something Juggler does if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:48 am

I really want to give the speed dating thing a try now. I've talked to a lot of great women that have done it, but they usually complain about a lack of interesting/fun guys, so I think a half decent PUA would clean house.

I'd go subtle with the peacocking, not outlandish. I'd probably wear something like one of my nice looking dress shirts with a bit of flare to it, acid-wash jeans and some interesting jewlery, like my pinky ring made out of a desert fork and a red fake crystal, my focusing quartz necklace, my metis indian necklace and if some bastard hadn't stolen it, my brown plaid fedora to top it off. Subtle, yet definitely stand out.

Bring some interesting short annecdotes about something that happened to you within the past few days (the nearer to the event, the better, as it shows that you have interesting stuff happen frequently). Make her laugh, do some light kino, like patting her hand/shoulder when you make a point, as most guys will probably just be staying on their side of the table afraid to infringe on her personal space. When you greet her, don't shake her hand like a business meeting, take her hand in yours with your hand on the bottom and her hand on the top, as if you were going to kiss the top of her hand (but don't) and raise it up to somewhere between stomach and chest height; this displays that you don't think chivalry is dead, you're polite, yet not a boring robot and it's more intimate and hits romantic feelings more than a standard handshake, which will really make you stand out if all the other guys are doing a typical shake.
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:37 pm

Rye's quote got me thinking.
The girls are there for a specific reason - to find single guys! I mean, I - as a learning PUA - should clean house.
I think I'm going to go ahead and give this a shot.
I'm a little worried about dress code...
Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:14 pm

IMO you look cool on the photo.
Back to top Go down
mine
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
mine

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:47 am

I agree with Hobbit; don't worry so much about peacocking. Focus on making statements and standing out (i.e. avoiding the "business handshake", asking about employment, etc.). Don't over think it and you'll probably do fine. When is this speed dating taking place? I think I should give it a try, that is, if you don't mind being in the room with another PUA in training. lol Wink
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:12 pm

mine wrote:
I agree with Hobbit; don't worry so much about peacocking. Focus on making statements and standing out (i.e. avoiding the "business handshake", asking about employment, etc.). Don't over think it and you'll probably do fine. When is this speed dating taking place? I think I should give it a try, that is, if you don't mind being in the room with another PUA in training. lol Wink

Welcome to the forum man. Great to have you here!
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 am

Just a little update on this...

I didn't flake from going...

It was just pushed back to Oct - to have more people.
Apparently there was 10 females and only 7 males... Wink

I'm going to be the youngest by FAR... so I need to work this into my advantage.
Any suggestions?

(Age group is 24-36. I won't turn 24 till January...)
My goal is a MILF...or a Sugar-Mommy... Basketball
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:49 pm

LaRockStar wrote:

I'm going to be the youngest by FAR... so I need to work this into my advantage.
Any suggestions?

We're not letting the age issue be a factor . . . are we?
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Dress nice, formal but not text book formal...as someone pointed out similar to your avatar pic would work well.

The key to speed dateing will be to NOT...i repeat NOT...ask the same questions every other guy asks. Frame and convo control is going to be the biggest issue on your plate as you have a limited time to make an impression. If you let her babble or you ask lame questions time will be up before you know it and she will be glad to move on.

However if you instead control the convo, show her a unique personality from every other guy there, she will leave and be thinking about you while the next guy (whos gonna be boring her) is blabbing and asking lame questions.

Heres a hypothetical example of how id handle a quick convo like this...(i assume your wearing name tags, dont introduce yourself unless they do, maybe even throw a curve ball...give them the wrong name and see if they catch on)

ME: "Wow that necklace is awsome, it reminds me of the beach!" (as shes comming over/sitting down)*exclimation*
Her: "hi, blah blah."
ME: "I went to the beach this one summer, i typically go every summer with my family...have done that ever since i was little....have you ever been to the beach?"*Starting a story but including her*
Her: "blah blah"
Me: "O so your a beach bum huh? Wink " or "You need to check it out, i promise you wont melt if you go in the water Wink "
Her: "blah blah"
ME: "Its awsome so i went this one summer and i got a necklace very similar to yours, i really liked it and everyone thought it looked great. So im playing with some friends around a pool at our place down there and my friends sarah and jenny wait til im not paying attention and push me in the pool. Needless to say the necklace got ruined and i was soo upset. Later that night we all went on the boardwalk and i was all bumd out, til Jenny and Sarah came upto me with another necklace, exactly the same...they spent almost the whole night looking for it with the help of some of my family, made me realize how important family and friends are. Are you close with your family, or how long have you known your best friend for?" *small dhv story*
Her: "Blah blah"
ME: "So tell me something, if you got in trouble who would you most likely ask for help, someone in your family or your best friend?"*challenging, relevant, unique question*
Her: "Blah blah"

Basically i just wanted to illustrate that using an exclimation as your introduction can open the floodgates for conversation. make a quick observation about thier apearence or the situation or place. Then build on that and use it to guide you into a short dhv story. Try as much as possible to use parts of your story to illicit info and create questions for them, to keep them interacting. Whenever possible joke with them, be ballsy even.

You also have to keep in mind your dealing with a crowd in the older end of the spectrum, so try and keep youthful topics like the keg stand you did in your freshman year of college out of the convo with a 35 year old woman. try and pick stories and topics that are timeless. As an example a 25 year old and a 35 year old will have the same memories of going to the beach or will have the same inexperience and possible desire to see it if they havent yet.

If your age is brought up as an issue...very simply say "O, so your one of those people who judge maturity based on a number?". My brother has used this a ton of times, hes 20, and it works like a miricle. Also right after you say it just go into a different thread topic like they never said anything.

The key like i said will be to show your personality and uniqueness in a quick and effective manner, cut out the where do you work and what school are you in crap out and save it for a 2nd or third date. use jokes and banter as much as possible, challenge them even with your banter...be willing to neg them and say the things no one else there will put them on the spot for. Combine short dhv stories, banter and negs (without insulting them) and control the convo. Do all that and i think they might as well put only your name on thier card lol.
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Ka! I must say EXCELLENT advice!

The name tag trick is going to work beautifully.

Now I was also thinking when THEY ask the boring questions to mix it up...
HB: So what do you do...
ME: "A bic lighter repair man..." then change the topic...

Would that possibly work for banter? Even though I am quick witted, I must go in there with a game plan.

(On a side note - we are doing it at 2 in the afternoon on a Saturday, at a nice Italian Restaurant. It's just going to be speed-daters until they oepn at 4 for business. Everybody gets a free appetizer and they are going to auction off a free dinner-for-two to a girl/guy)
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:25 am

LaRockStar wrote:
Ka! I must say EXCELLENT advice!

The name tag trick is going to work beautifully.

Now I was also thinking when THEY ask the boring questions to mix it up...
HB: So what do you do...
ME: "A bic lighter repair man..." then change the topic...

Would that possibly work for banter? Even though I am quick witted, I must go in there with a game plan.

(On a side note - we are doing it at 2 in the afternoon on a Saturday, at a nice Italian Restaurant. It's just going to be speed-daters until they oepn at 4 for business. Everybody gets a free appetizer and they are going to auction off a free dinner-for-two to a girl/guy)

Yes, that would work when they ask you boring questions, as they no doubt will.

Now, are you saying the speed dating is going on for 2 hours? Are they expecting you to be sitting with the same person across from you more than once, or are they expecting THAT big of a crowd? How long do you sit with each one? And, which Saturday is this so that I make sure to schedule my workshops around it.
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:32 am

It is Oct 11th...@ 230....
Well the lady I talked to who set it up said it was between 5-7 minutes per person, depending upon how many people attend.
She was hoping to have 8-10 girls/guys there.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:47 pm

LaRockStar wrote:
Well the lady I talked to who set it up said it was between 5-7 minutes per person, depending upon how many people attend.

Cool. Thanks for the date info. Ha, at 7 minutes per girl . . . you could definitely build enough banter to have her wanting more . . . and therefore clean house bro.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 pm

L.A. Tripp wrote:
LaRockStar wrote:

Cool. Thanks for the date info. Ha, at 7 minutes per girl . . . you could definitely build enough banter to have her wanting more . . . and therefore clean house bro.

Just make sure when you tell them a goofy job or something you have the right tone and facial expressions to get accross that its a joke.

My latest and funnist (that even a word) fake job...."training to be a sumo wrestler"....

Considering im not fat i get pretty good laffs from this, but i actually told a long time friend who i have been outta touch with for 2 years this and she tried to be supportive lol...i then busted her chops for beleiving it.

I think the keys for you there are going to be standing out as unique and memorible in that 5-7 min window. You can do this by, bantering, slight neg, high energy, convo thats not the norm, avoiding typical questions and "comfort convo", and fitting in dhv shorts in wherever you can. broken down more simply...

-short dhv's
-banter
-frame control

Also consider these warm aproach's, a1 (opener) is not an issue....you start with these women in a2, so avoid the introduction of "hi im so and so...", instead exclaim something, "Hi Linda! That has to be the most interesting dress ive seen all night, hopefully your personality matches it Wink"...if you cant pull a observation like that off the bat, point out something static like "hey Linda! did you see that huge sculpture when you came in, i wonder how they got that thing in here?"...if your wondering where do i go with that, wherever you want, talk about art, joke about how its not to scale, talk about other art you saw elsewhere, or any other topic it doesnt even have to be in line with your qquestion.

Im sure you'll do great, the place running it may ask you to share all the women you get lol.
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:40 pm

WoW KA! That is amazing...

I've been there at the bar/restaurant before and it's a nice little Italian join (Carrabba's).
I've got to start making some notes to get in my head before I go up there...

To stand out shouldn't be a problem. The Pink on Pink works wonders...

The fake name...and the fake job of course will be major hits. Considering 99% of these guys are going to be 1) nervous and 2) talk about the same normal stuff... Job...How ya like the area...etc... blah...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PUA on a stop watch?   PUA on a stop watch? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PUA on a stop watch?
Page 1 of 1