Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ka's Computer related buisness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Ka's Computer related buisness Empty
PostSubject: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:23 am

You guys know me as Ka, outside of the PU community i make some money by rendering computer services in a subcontracted fashion to buisness's and for individuals alike. I generally do things along the lines of general maintaince, software installation and troubleshooting, hardware support, networking, etc. However i do branch out within my capabilities.

I have been doing this in the background of my life for about 10 years and am finally ready to offer some of my services to the mass's. However i will start off by only offering digital video editing. This will allow people to send me the video either through mail or the internet, i edit it and then send it back.

I will in the next few days be crunching out a website for my new buisness as a gateway for people interested in my services to contact me and get thier videos edited. Due to my buisness model my cost and thus the expense to the customer will be drasticlly cut. Most sites do NOT show thier prices, and my personal beleif is that there is a reason for this...if you need to ask how much it is you CANNOT afford it.

This is not how i will do buisness, i will charge about a quarter of what most places charge. I can do this because i wont have the costly overhead of a storefront. My rates will be somewhere along the lines of $60 an hour of raw video...meaning it will not be based on the amount of time i actually work, but instead by the length of the original video. It would be unfair for me to charge hourly as i have found that its typically a 3-1 or a 2-1 ratio dependant on how much editing is involved, meaning for every hour of video raw you give me it would take me 2-3 hours to finish it for you.

The one site i came accross that did post thier prices....charges an intial $150 dollars to sit down with you and "consult" on what to edit...to be honest most people know what they want in it and what they dont...i instead will take a detailed written document that you fill out detailing what you want in it....and i wont charge to do it. If need be i will further push to get the specifics of what you want in the video and what you do not.

This same site then charges $4 a min...yes a MIN! of raw video to edit it...thats $240 an hour! In my opinion this is way out of the average persons price range. With the growing availability of digital cameras, camcorders, and other methods and media's i think its time a fair and affordable means for having that video produced is called for.

If you are intrested, or know someone who may be, i will be posting more info and a website link will be added here as well as to my profile and sig, so keep an eye out and feel free to offer feedback here, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 am

Just an update, for those intrested...

I have been working very hard on the website and will be finishing it up shortly. As i develope it and come up with new ideas i have been slowly integrating them with my old ideas. This has caused things to take a little bit longer then anticipated but will be well worth the wait.

I have 2 things to iron out, one of which im testing tonight, then after that its all aesthetic's.

I will have all the information about my services along with samples on the site. If your intrested in haveing some video editing or a slide show dvd done or you know someone who might, redirect them to my site when i post it and i will be forever grateful.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:13 pm

what a nerd tongue
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Good luck with it man.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 3:43 am

That's cool as hell Ka. I might need some help down the road....eh, discount? Lol Cool
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:55 am

Paramour wrote:
That's cool as hell Ka. I might need some help down the road....eh, discount? Lol Cool

Ill consider it...i havent started working on marketing and promotions even though i have some ideas. Im saving for that til after i lay the foundations.

~Meg~ wrote:
what a nerd Razz

O snap!...but all i see there is simple person talk for, "Your smarter then me im jealous". Dont worry i wont tell anyone tho Razz

To everyone else thanks for the support, ive been loseing sleep working on my site and planning the launch of my company. Im going to try and have the link up soon but i dont want to have lots of people visiting the site before its finished.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Well, im not quite ready to go all out, but i would like reveiws from people. Please feel free to check out my site and leave feedback. Be as critical as possible, im not made of glass. Thanks.

http://dv-design.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:01 pm

Ka wrote:
Well, im not quite ready to go all out, but i would like reveiws from people. Please feel free to check out my site and leave feedback. Be as critical as possible, im not made of glass. Thanks.

Definitely looking better man. I can see you've done a LOT to it. I'm not an expert on building websites lol, so I'm not the one to give you feedback on all those details, but I can see it's definitely coming along now man. Especially how you have the overall process tab broken down, and how you explain the file sharing process.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:00 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
Ka wrote:

Definitely looking better man. I can see you've done a LOT to it. I'm not an expert on building websites lol, so I'm not the one to give you feedback on all those details, but I can see it's definitely coming along now man. Especially how you have the overall process tab broken down, and how you explain the file sharing process.

Thats why your opinion matters all that much more, remember perception is everything...it doesnt matter what i think the page looks like, or a designer or an engineer...it matter what the average person looking for those services likes.

So the input you can give is perfect, all you had to do is judge what you see.

I have also started selling Auto A/C Compressors on ebay, i just started so i have not made any sales as of this post, nor do i have much posted.

Ill include a direct link

http://stores.ebay.com/A-C-Compressor-Warehouse

Also i have just purchased a new domain and host for my video editing services and will be working hard on getting an even better site up and running, more news to come
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:14 am

Do you edit homemade movies...and by homemade...well you know what I mean? Laughing

On a serious not the site looks good.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:17 pm

~Meg~ wrote:
Do you edit homemade movies...and by homemade...well you know what I mean? Laughing

On a serious not the site looks good.

Not unless i get to be in them Wink

For liability reasons no...if a person in the video is underage or something else illegal happens in the video i could be held accountable...

As for site, i hate it more every day. I just bought a dreamweaver book (dreamweaver is an adobe program for web design), so i can learn to use it and design the site myself. I also purchased a domain name and host, so the site will be changing not only in apearence but location as well.

The basic model will be maintained, Affordable rates, Customer freindly, Easy file transfer, Preveiw before you pay full price, have the video edited, disc mailed out after preveiw is accepted.

However the site will become more mainstream, with a better look, less empty space (without feeling cluttered)...the text will be edited to get the point accross while saying less (for those short on attention), and new pages will be added including a page of tutorials and demo's (for easy access), as well as ad's pertenent to video and picture taking (popular site ad's for camera, media, computers etc)

Speaking of, feel free to goto my site and click the ad's Razz

In anycase more to come, its only gonna get better from here.
Back to top Go down
RussianStar
PUA
PUA
RussianStar

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:46 pm

COOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:37 pm

For those interested, some drastic changes in the way i saw things going have talen place....in a good way.

My video editing business is sitting on the back burner, for a short time...some "behind the scenes" stuff i must setup. (i know bad joke)

Currently Ebay has taken off for me, i have my one store, and will probably be opening one or 2 others as well.

Whats really news though is this...I just started up a forum for Digital Imagery help. Anything related to digital cameras, camcorders, video editing, burning, publishing, softawre, hardwrae, even general computer talk, will be discussed there. Its a completely free forum! Registration is quick and easy. Since it is a new forum i am the only one who is modding/running it, but if traffic and demand for help picks up i will bring other people aboard.

So if you have some questions relating to anything relavent to images, photos, video, graphics and/or computers in general, stop by and register and ask away.

The Website is called DigitalVisions.org

Feel free to click around (especially on the ads Wink ) and ask any relavent questions on your mind.

*PS* Remember this site and all my others are business related, not PUA related...DO NOT ask or discuss anything PUA related on these sites please. If you have a question or want to discuss PUA with me do it here. Thanks,
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:00 pm

Ka wrote:

*PS* Remember this site and all my others are business related, not PUA related...DO NOT ask or discuss anything PUA related on these sites please. If you have a question or want to discuss PUA with me do it here. Thanks,

Wow. Glad to hear you're having success with ebay man. I used to sell on there as well, until their policies started changing and a lot of sellers left. But, good that it's working for you.

Also, thank you for being explicit with that P.S. It's much appreciated bro.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 pm

L.A. Tripp wrote:
Ka wrote:

Wow. Glad to hear you're having success with ebay man. I used to sell on there as well, until their policies started changing and a lot of sellers left. But, good that it's working for you.

Also, thank you for being explicit with that P.S. It's much appreciated bro.

Yea so far so good, thanks for the support, i apreciate it.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:25 am

You support me, it's the least I can do.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Hey guys,

New update! I have had some time to work on my forums site, and there is new content, new members, and big changes comming soon. Its a Multimedia Editing Forum called DigitalVisions.org. As said before, its free help with video editing, photo editing, and general computer help and topics as well.

I invite you all to check it out, participate, ask questions, get help or give help. There will be some major changes comming soon and a whole lot of content planned to be posted in the comming weeks, including new tutorial videos and articles.

Also, i can't tell you to click on the ad's...especially the ads (from google) within posts above and below each written post...since i cant mention that you should click on those ill just say that the forums keep going soley based on the revenue the ads generate, so dont CLICK THE ADS!

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ka's Computer related buisness   Ka's Computer related buisness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ka's Computer related buisness
Page 1 of 1