Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EHarmony vs Match

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Icebreaker
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-16

EHarmony vs Match Empty
PostSubject: EHarmony vs Match   EHarmony vs Match I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:59 am

I have been pretty successful with the online dating thing. I have been doing it for about two months. Lacking time during the work week I have found its a pretty nice way to meet ladies that arent all sloppy drunk at the bar.

I am thinking about upgrading to a pay site. The free sites are fine they just dont have the prospects that im sure the pay sites do. Like anything i spend my money on I want to have the best idea on what works for me. I have heard that Eharmony and Match are the two best and biggest.

For those of you who have or are using these sites I would like to know the pros and cons so I can weigh them and find whats best for me.
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

EHarmony vs Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: EHarmony vs Match   EHarmony vs Match I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

Icebreaker wrote:
I have been pretty successful with the online dating thing. I have been doing it for about two months. Lacking time during the work week I have found its a pretty nice way to meet ladies that arent all sloppy drunk at the bar.

I am thinking about upgrading to a pay site. The free sites are fine they just dont have the prospects that im sure the pay sites do. Like anything i spend my money on I want to have the best idea on what works for me. I have heard that Eharmony and Match are the two best and biggest.

For those of you who have or are using these sites I would like to know the pros and cons so I can weigh them and find whats best for me.

I guess everyone expected me to respond to this post, but hell man I've been on both multiple times. I tend to rotate through dating sites. I just got done using match for a while, and then registered from eHarmony. I've used both a few times before. You will be able to contact more people on Match.com because you can browse the members like most sites, and choose to contact who you like. Of course, you can do the quick contact "wink" feature which is worthless almost. Or you can email the girl and say what you like. There are a lot of good looking women to choose from as well.

eHarmony is a bit different. They use their "29 Dimensions of Compatibility" and then send you people who match your personality stuff and within the distance ranges you've set your profile too. Then you can start communication with them. You have to ask questions back and forth for a while, also sending your "must have's and can't stands" this goes through a few phases. Then you can communicate openly. Now, you can request to bypass that stuff and go straight to communicating, but most women won't in my experience. It's a good site and provides some nice results, but those are the complaints I have. #1 that I can't contact whoever I want. #2 that they make you go through the processes of messages back and forth before you can communicate openly with the girl. #3 that unless you are harsh on your distance settings and williness to move you'll get matches hundreds of miles away. Don't take this as the site sucks because it does produce results, but I feel I can attract lots of types of women, and it won't let me contact them. In my opinion that's a big negative.

I think that eHarmony's prices are competitve with match.com. Do be careful what you put in your lengthy lengthy profile questioniare because if you go too extreme you will be rejected by them. I think I was rejected because I was seperated and not divorced, eHarmony said it's members don't want seperated people or something.

Anyways, with all that being said I am presently using eHarmony so it's the freshest in my mind. Like I said I like to rotate and try new things. It seems like on eHarmony you get a bulk of your matches in the first week you sign up, and it tapers off from there. Match.com is very similar in that respect too but I think more members join match. I would personally test drive each for a month and see what you think. Yeah, it's cheaper to get the 3 month and 6 month plans but pay a little extra do it for a month and see what you personally think.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

EHarmony vs Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: EHarmony vs Match   EHarmony vs Match I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:45 pm

I can't speak from personal experience, but I know that there is another member of this forum that uses eHarmony a lot as well and has been pretty happy with it.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Icebreaker
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

EHarmony vs Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: EHarmony vs Match   EHarmony vs Match I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:26 am

Thanks guys really appreciate the feedback. I just dont want to go wasting my money on something that isnt worth it.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
RussianStar
PUA
PUA
RussianStar

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-03-18

EHarmony vs Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: EHarmony vs Match   EHarmony vs Match I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:34 pm

i would use the free sites.. why pay money to meet women.. women are everywhere.. its not like they are rare..
Back to top Go down
Icebreaker
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

EHarmony vs Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: EHarmony vs Match   EHarmony vs Match I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:31 am

The amount of women on the free sites has gone down dramatically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EHarmony vs Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: EHarmony vs Match   EHarmony vs Match I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EHarmony vs Match
Page 1 of 1